Roulette is a game with many different variations, but it has one thing in common – the house edge. This means that the casino or gaming establishment will always win no matter how well you play. It’s impossible for an individual player to beat the house by using their own skill and knowledge of the game.
This guide will teach you how to improve your chances of winning at roulette and get better odds when playing this exciting online live casino Malaysia game.
If you’re new to the roulette wheel, I’ll give you all the information you need to get started and maximise your chances of winning.
The best way to win at roulette is to use some basic gambling strategies and be willing to learn about the game before placing a bet. The key to success is learning which bets are going to pay off and which ones aren’t (the house edge).
As a beginner, you should focus on understanding how the wheel spins and what happens when it stops as well as knowing which numbers are likely to come up next. Once you’ve learned all of this information, you can start studying the betting odds of each number on the wheel.
If you want to become a winning roulette player, follow these steps:
- Learn the rules and regulations of the game. Most casinos have a list of official rules posted near the table or somewhere else easy to find. Read them thoroughly and make sure you fully understand the terms used in the game.
- Take your time while playing the game. Don’t rush through the action. If you’re new to the game, take your time to get comfortable. Play several games so you can get a feel for the flow of the game and how long it takes to play a single hand.
- Be familiar with the layout of the tables. If you play in a casino that doesn’t allow smoking, then look for a nonsmoking area where you can sit down and relax. You’ll need to observe the game from the comfort of your chair without distractions and smoke breaks.
- Choose a table where there are other players, so you can watch others and pick up tips. Look around for people who appear to know the basics of the game. These are usually good places to start.
- Start out small. Roulette is a very simple game, yet you may not realize that until after you place your first bet. Place a small amount of money on a single number or spin, if possible. Watch the wheel and see how it spins without hitting any pockets.
- Once you’re comfortable with the basic mechanics of the game, move up to more complicated bets and combinations. Pay attention to the patterns and payouts of the various bets and combinations.
- Try placing multiple bets. The best strategy is to choose an even mix between low-risk bets and high-risk bets. If you have the choice, try placing only one high risk bet per round.
- Make sure you understand the house advantage. There are three types of bets in roulette; outside bets, inside bets, and split bets. For example, a European Roulette wheel has 38 slots, numbered 0 through 37. Each slot holds one ball, giving you 36 potential outcomes for the game. Only the 1st through 12th numbers on the wheel are considered ‘inside’ bets. The rest are ‘outside’ bets. Outside bets include evens, odds, and red/black.
- The house advantage for both American and European Roulettes is slightly lower than 50 percent. That means you will lose half of every dollar wagered. Even though the house advantage makes it difficult to win, it doesn’t mean you can’t do it. Keep reading below to learn how to win at roulette.